How we use and store your data
What information do we collect?
- If you sign the Declaration, we will collect and store your name, email, affiliated organization, and country. If you fill in your State, Province or Area, we will store it too.
- If you sign the Declaration as an organisation (using a "sign as Organization" checkbox on the "Sign the Declaration" form), we will additionally collect and store the logo of your organization and its homepage URL. If you specified that your organization is international, we will also store that fact.
All website visitors:
- We may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
- We collect and store your language preferences.
- We use non-tracking website analytics tool that does not collect any personal data. This tool only collects aggregated, non-personal data, such as the total number of page visits or browser language settings.
What do we use your information for?
- The email address you provide when signing the Declaration may be used to send you information, and to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- If you have subscribed to our emails (using a "subscribe to emails" checkbox on the "Sign the Declaration" form), we will send you invitations to WDI webinars and other news. You can unsubscribe any time using the link in the emails.
- We may use your language preferences to address you in your preferred language via email.
- If you signed as an organization, you have a choice whether to give a permission to WDI to mention to policy makers, journalists and politicians that your organisation has signed the Declaration. You can indicate your choice using a "Permission to mention support" checkbox on the "Sign the Declaration" form.
- If you signed as an organization, you have a choice whether to give a permission to WDI to replicate your organisation's logo in publicity about the Declaration, and materials promoting the Declaration. You can indicate your choice using a "Permission to use the logo" checkbox on the "Sign the Declaration" form.
All website visitors:
- We may use the collected information to provide the core functionality of the website.
- We may use your language preferences to automatically select the language of the website content for you.
- We use non-tracking website analytics tool to make informed decisions about the website development. For instance, we look at what pages of our website are more popular, where our visitors come from, and what languages do they speak.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Among other things, your browser session, as well as the traffic between your applications and the API, are secured with SSL.
What is our data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server, in so far as such logs are kept, no more than 12 months.
The data of the signatories and supporting organizations is in principle stored indefinitely, as long as this website is operational.
You may contact us at [email protected] to modify your data, or to have your data deleted from our database.
If you receive our periodic emails, you can unsubscribe from them any time using the link in the emails.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have existing settings, adjust the website to your preferences.
However, Women's Declaration website may include content from other (third-party) websites, such as YouTube videos or Google forms. These third parties may set their own cookies when you browse our website, and may later use them to collect data about your preferences and websites you visit.
You can always enable or disable this third-party content (and its cookies) using the "Cookie settings" link at the very bottom of the website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Name, country, and affiliated organization of signatories of the Declaration are publicly available. Organizations that have signed are also publicly available. Your email will never be made public.
Site usage by children
If this server is in the USA: Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated August 29, 2021.