WDI book - call for articles
May 2022 - WDI is writing a book. We are asking for article proposals from women all over the world. Interested? Read more.
WDI's Statements and letters
- 1 February 2023 WDI USA Statement Regarding The Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act of 2023
- 31 January 2023 WDI Argentina and Campaña Argentina por los Derechos de las Mujeres issue an Alternative Report to the Eighth Periodic Report of Argentina to CEDAW.
- 30 January 2023 A lesbian delegation to the House of Lords
- 15 December 2022 The “Respect for Marriage Act”: Response by WDI USA Lesbian Caucus
- 19 November 2022 WDI Bahamas express concerns about the Mental Health (Amendments) Act 2022.
- 17 November 2022 WDI Letter in support of Laura Lecuona
- 12 November 2022 WDI Statement on: La XV Conferencia Regional sobre la Mujer de América Latina y el Caribe
- 31 October 2022- WDI statement on the strategic use of nonviolent direct action.
- 24 October 2022 -WDI Bahamas statement on the Sexual Offences Amendment Act
- 12 October 2022 - WDI statement in support of Iranian women.
- 4 September 2022- WDI USA announces the formation of the Lesbian Caucus, and its first completed project, The Lesbian Bill of Rights (LBOR).
- 2 September 2022 - WDI statement on the proposed Chilean constitution (Spanish and English)
- 1 September 2022 - WDI and WDI UK respond to inaccurate comments on our work published in the Radical Notion
- 1 August 2022 - WDI Germany stands in solidarity with Marie-Luise Vollbrecht
- 29 July 2022 - WDI Canada supports the Supreme Court’s ruling on stealthing
- 22 July 2022 - WDI statement of support for Peruvian women
- 19 July 2022 - WDI extends warm thanks to Raine McLeod, for her dedicated work as national co-ordinator of WDI Canada
- 27 June 2022- WDI USA statement on How the U.S. Supreme Court got it wrong in Dobbs
- 26 June 2022 - WDI statement in support of Julie Bindel
- 20 June 2022 - WDI statement in support of Kellie-Jay Keen
- 15 June 2022 - WDI statement in support of Anna Kerr
- 7 June 2022 - WDI statement in support of Christina Ellingsen
- 22 May 2022 - WDI Australia publishes report on its survey of politicians and their attitudes to women's sex-based rights
- 16 May 2022 - WDI statement in support of Ms Shono Yoriko
- May 2022 - WDI Statement on "Report on Gender Theory" by Independent Expert Madrigal-Borloz for the United Nations Office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- May 2022 - WDI annual report - read about everything WDI has been doing in 2021/22
- April 2022 WDI Brasil statement on single-sex provisions in hospitals
- April 2022 - statement of support for Katherine Deves
Latest articles and talk transcripts from WDI and our signatories
- January 2023: Download a PDF Guide to Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) produced by WDI USA here. (Also available as a printable, trifold brochure.)
- January 2023: Gender reform bill has betrayed lesbians — and will send them back into the closet
- January 2023: The Erasure of Sex: The Global Capture of Policies on Sex by Gender Identity Activists and the Effects on the Rights of Women and Girls (also available in Spanish)
- December 2022: A Compilation of Talks From WDI USA National Convention
- March 2022: 'Gender Identity' in the EU - WDI
- February 2022: The Insult of Transgenderism - Sheila Jeffreys
- February 2022: Motion asks Green Party to suspend WDI signatories
- WDI Spain interview with Colombian women's rights activist, Alejandra Vera - “Our health care system provides breast implants for men, but not for women with breast cancer”
- WDI Brazil article January 2022 "The impact of "gender identity" politics on the rights of women and girls in Brazil"
Register for WDI weekly Feminist Question Time here. Every Saturday from 3-4.30pm UK time.
WDI UK has published its first piece of research into the provision of single-sex accommodation and same-sex medical practitioners in NHS trusts in England and Wales. Download a copy here.
WDI, our country contacts and our founders regularly respond to consultations on issues involving women's sex-based rights.
- 14 May 2022 - WDI Scotland response to gender recognition bill consultation
- March 2022 - WDI UK response to NHS single-sex accommodation consultation
- WDI Legal Committee - Submission to the International Criminal Court on the Policy Initiative on Sexual and Gender-Based Crimes - March 2022
- WDI UK - submission to the conversion therapy consultation - December 2021
- WDI Australia - Joint NGO Submission to the UN Status on Women - July 2021
- WDI response to UK consultation on women's health - June 2021
- 'Born in the Right Body: Gender Identity Ideology from a Medical and Feminist Perspective', - Isidora Sanger
- 'Towards the Abolition of Surrogate Motherhood' - Ana-Luana Stoicea-Deram and Marie-Josèphe Devillers (also available in French)
- 'La coeducación secuestrada, Crítica feminista a la penetración de las ideas transgeneristas en la educación' - Silvia Carrasco Pons, Ana Hidalgo Urtiaga, Araceli Muñoz de Lacalle, and Marina Pibernat Vila
- ‘Penile Imperialism: The Male Sex Right and Women’s Subordination’, - Sheila Jeffreys
- 'Sex Dolls, Robots and Woman Hating: The Case for Resistance - Caitlin Roper
- ‘"He Chose Porn Over Me": Women Harmed by Men Who Use Porn’- Melinda Tankard Reist
- In The Curated Woods. True Tales from a Grass Widow- Ute Heggen
- To buy "Cuando lo trans no es transgresor. Mentiras y peligros de la identidad de género"-Laura Lecuona, email here
- 'The Abolition of Sex: How the Transgender Agenda Harms Women and Girls' - Kara Dansky
- 'Trigger Warning: My Lesbian Feminist Life' - Sheila Jeffreys
- 'Women Unsilenced: Our Refusal to Let Torturer-Traffickers Win' - Jeanne Sarson and Linda MacDonald
- 'Unsporting: How Trans Activism and Science Denial are Destroying Sport' - Linda Blade
- 'Doublethink' - Janice Raymond
- 'Not Dead Yet' - eds. Renate Klein and Susan Hawthorne
- 'Spinning and Weaving' - ed. Elizabeth Miller
- 'Noi, Le Lesbiche' - ed. Arcilesbica
- 'Pornland' - Gail Dines
'Surrogacy: A Human Rights Violation' - Renate Klein
'Detransition: Beyond Before and After' by Max Robinson
- Female Erasure (the book) :Female Erasure
More book titles can be found here.
For use by any interested in carrying out lobbying activities:
WDI letter to the UN, July 2020
- Maureen O'Hara Compelled speech - gaslighting in the courtroom (2019)
- Global Market Insights research into the sex reassignment market (2020)
- Losing sight of women's rights: the unregulated introduction of gender self-identification as a case study of policy capture in Scotland
By: Kath Murray and Lucy Hunter Blackburn