WHRC's Statements and letters
- August 2021 - CSW complaint letters
- 8 July 2021 - letter to the Argentinian UN representative from WHRC Argentina - in Spanish and English
- 2 July 2021 - statement from WHRC on NGO CSW's "Affirmation of Feminist Principles"
- 18 June 2021 - statement from WHRC HQ
WHRC is disappointed to see that NGO CSW continues in its inability to prioritise the sex-based rights of women and girls. In a mass email sent out on Thursday 17 June by NGOCSW, the GEF (Generation Equality Forum) Civil Society Advisory Group asks people to sign up to a letter demanding that everybody involved in the GEF makes “intersectionality a core principle of our collective work” and that “women, girls and gender-diverse people” must be centred. WHRC fears that the GEF will be used to promote an agenda that seeks to diminish the sex-based rights of women and girls by insisting that men who claim a female ‘gender identity’ are admitted into the category of women, in direct contradiction to CEDAW principles. Article 1 of the Declaration on Women’s Sex-based Rights, promoted by WHRC, states that the rights of women are based on the category of sex. States, delegates and NGOs must uphold women’s sex-based rights as determined in CEDAW.
Register for WHRC weekly Feminist Question Time here. Every Saturday from 3-4.30pm UK time.
WHRC UK has published its first piece of research into the provision of single-sex accommodation and same-sex medical practitioners in NHS trusts in England and Wales. Download a copy here.
WHRC, our country contacts and our founders regularly respond to consultations on issues involving women's sex-based rights.
- WHRC Australia - Joint NGO Submission to the UN Status on Women - July 2021
- WHRC response to UK consultation on women's health - June 2021
- WHRC response to UN Special Rapporteur call for evidence on violence against women - April 2021
- WHRC response to EU hate crimes consultation - April 2021
- UK WHRC submission to the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government on toilet provision for men and women - February 2021
- WHRC submission to the UN Report on Gender, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity - February 2021
- Sheila Jeffrey's submission to the UN Report on Gender, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity - February 2021
- UK WHRC submission to the WESC on Gender Recognition Act reform - December 2020
- Dysphoric - a four-part documentary by Vaishnavi Sundar
- Whose Body is it? - Kara Dansky
- Watch several interviews with Kara Dansky at the WHRC YouTube channel.
- Men's Sexual Rights vs Women's Sex-Based Rights - video talk by Sheila Jeffreys, 18 April 2020
- Maureen O Hara on the eroding of child safeguarding principles
- From human bodies to digital identities - transgenderism, transhumanism & the 4th industrial revolution - talk by Lilian Hellwomon, WHRC webinar 30 November 2020. Download talk script here.
- Queer Politics - WHRC webinar with Sheila Jeffreys, Ariel Pereira, founder of Detransicion Chile, and Julia Beck, 7 June 2020
- Link for other fantastic webinars: www.objectnow.org
WHRC Launch videos
- European Women's Lobby in Spain on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Useful websites on the US 'Equality Act' here and here
- Sex Matters - new UK website
- Green Feminists Facebook page and mailing list
- Gender Identity Challenge from Norway: Gender Identity Challenge
- Fair Play For Women
- US Equality Act & Women
- Women's Space Ireland
Articles, Presentations & Blog posts
- Susanne Bischoff's talk on trans and sport from a German perspective July 2021 - in German and English.
- Guide to CEDAW - March 2021 - download slides
- Women's Rights in Portugal - download slides from Teresa Marques' talk at Feminist Question Time on 13 February 2021
- The Power of the Powerless - Maya Forstater blog article
- Rosa Borg's talk on the situation in Malta from WHRC webinar (in Italian)
- Shining a Light on Stonewall's Activities by Legal Feminist
- From Greece - sailing champion shares her experience of sexual assault
- Check out the article in the Economist on gender identity: Putting trans women in female prisons sets up a clash of rights
- Transpeople grooming young people, acting as "glitter Moms": The Secret Tactics of Glitter Moms: A Tale of Betrayal and Grooming
- Link relating to Rosa's answer to a question about schools in Malta: Will children choose their gender now?
- Feminist Post: FEMINIST POST Radfem Italia
- How can we prove it when the proof is obvious and they do nothing but deny it? The 11th hour Blog Archives
- Rich white men institutionalising Transgender ideology by Jennifer Bilek:The Federalist
- Leeds Launch of The Declaration of Women’s Sex-based Rights – Speech by Dr Heather Brunskell-Evans
By: Heather Brunskell-Evans
- Queer Politics - text of talk by Sheila Jeffreys at WHRC webinar 6 June 2020
- Mens's Sexual Rights vs Women's Sex-Based Rights - full text of talk by Sheila Jeffreys 18 April 2020
- Pronouns are Rohypnol by Barra Kerr
- Fair Play For Women - Pronouns
- Interview with Laoise Uí Aodha de Brún: It's easier to change your legal sex than to be Irish....
For use by any interested in carrying out lobbying activities:
WHRC letter to the UN, July 2020
- Maureen O'Hara Compelled speech - gaslighting in the courtroom (2019)
- Global Market Insights research into the sex reassignment market (2020)
- Losing sight of women's rights: the unregulated introduction of gender self-identification as a case study of policy capture in Scotland
By: Kath Murray and Lucy Hunter Blackburn
- Female Autonomy vs Gender Identity A critical analysis of gender identity in CEDAW jurisprudence and the Yogyakarta Principles
By: Tina Elaine Minkowitz
- The impact of the Council of Europe upon trans inclusion: Judgements and Contradictions
Fairplay for Women
- The queer disappearance of lesbians: Sexuality in the academy
By: Sheila Jeffreys
- The politics of the toilet: A feminist response to the campaign to ‘degender’ a women's space.
By: Sheila Jeffreys
- The transgendering of children: Gender eugenics.
By: Sheila Jeffreys
- They Know It When They See It: The UK Gender Recognition Act 2004
By: Sheila Jeffreys
- Gender Transitioning and Responsible Responses.pdf
By: Geoff Holloway
- Trans and intersex equality rights in Europe – a comparative analysis
European network of legal experts in gender equality and non-discrimination: The EU’s policies and actions on transgenderism - 2018 outlined
- Sex, not gender. A plea for accuracy
By: Christina Richie
- Trans Rights Europe & Central Asia Index
By: Transgender Europe
- The reality of sex , one pager The reality of sex